Last updated: August 2022
At OWNA Corp Pty Ltd (“OWNA”) we understand the importance of privacy and its security to you. We take privacy very seriously and are committed to dealing with Personal Information in accordance with the requirements of the Privacy Act 1993 (NZ), the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth, Australia), the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, SC 2000, c5 (federal, Canada), the Personal Information Protection Act (Alberta, Canada), the Personal Information Protection Act (British Columbia, Canada), all applicable United States federal and state privacy laws, including, but not limited to, the California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA), Early Learning Personal Information Protection Act (ELPIPA), and any other applicable privacy legislation.
- “We”, “Us”, “Our”, “Penelope QIP™” or “OWNA” refers to OWNA Corp Pty Ltd ACN 613 387 474 ABN 39 613 387 474 of Suite 213, 29-31 Lexington Drive, Bella Vista NSW 2153.
- “You” or “Your” means any User of the Website or Services.
- “Service/s” means Our Software, Products, Website, Centre Portal or associated goods and services We make available to You through the website.
- “Software” means Our software licensed as part of the Services.
- “Website” or “Application” means this website, Penelope.com.au, Owna.com.au and other websites We have or establish for Your use.
- “Personal Information” means information about a person from which their identity is apparent or can reasonably be determined.
- “Data” or “Content” means any Personal Information that is collected and stored.
3. Collection of Personal Information and Data
We may collect Personal Information (being information about a person from which their identity is apparent or can reasonably be determined). This information can include names, dates of birth, email addresses, home and work addresses, telephone numbers and photographs.
4. Use of Personal Information
We use Personal Information about you or your child for the purpose it was provided or collected, including in the following ways:
- To respond to enquiries received from you;
- To perform authorised financial transactions with you and to help us to manage our accounts and administrative services;
- To verify your identity;
- To communicate with you and provide you (including through functionality provided with an Application) with information (whether by email, post or other means) about our services, where you have requested or consented to receiving this from us or where this provision is otherwise permitted under the relevant legislation including under the Australian Privacy Principles, the Privacy Act 1993 (NZ), the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (Canada) and other applicable legislation.
- To notify you about changes to our services;
- To receive and address feedback or complaints from you;
- Incidentally, where educators at centres and their educational mentors, for their further professional development, may view, some content of an account to which an Early Childhood Provider has lawful access;
- To protect our legal interests and fulfil our regulatory obligations (if and to the extent necessary); and
- In other circumstances, with your prior consent.
All those with whom we interact have the option to opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us. If you do not wish to continue to receive electronic marketing communications from us and/or selected third parties you should opt-out by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in any email communications that we might send you. You acknowledge that some features of the Application may involve us providing through the Application recommendations or suggestions for goods, services or benefits that we offer.
We may use Personal Information for the purpose of marketing but only where such use complies with privacy legislation in effect in the relevant state/territory. We may, subject to legislative requirements, send occasional emails to you in relation to our current or future services. Any such emails will contain an unsubscribe link, enabling you to opt-out of these messages.
We take steps to regularly destroy data (being Personal Information and sensitive information) that does not need to be archived and to de-identify stored data where identification of a person is not reasonably required or necessary.
5. Security of Personal Information
We take all reasonable steps to protect Personal Information, including through internal and external security, restricting access to Personal Information to those who have a need to know, maintaining technological products to prevent unauthorised computer access and regularly reviewing our technology to maintain security. We choose technology partners based on their security and privacy policies and practices.
Personal Information stored in our system is protected by electronic and procedural safeguards. We take reasonable precautions to protect Personal Information (and other content) from accidental loss and theft by storing it in secure data centres with off-site backups. Communication between Users and our servers are encrypted using industry- standard security measures such as TLS 1.2 and SSL.
The Application is protected by a secure password which a User may choose themselves. Users should never share their passwords. OWNA is not responsible for any loss of data or breach of privacy if a User shares their password with someone else. We do not store your password on our servers.
OWNA takes all reasonable precautions to protect your data. Because internet transmissions cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, you acknowledge and agree that you use this service at your own risk.
In case of a breach of security safeguards, such as the loss of, unauthorized access to or unauthorized disclosure of Personal Information under OWNA’s control, and if the breach poses a real risk of significant harm to you, we will notify you and the appropriate federal authorities in Australia, as well as any other organization that may reduce the risk or mitigate the harm from the breach.
6. Questions and concerns and access to/ correction or updating of your Personal Information
You have a right to access the Personal Information we hold about you. To obtain a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you, or to update it, please write to us at:
The Privacy Officer
OWNA Pty Ltd
Suite 213, 29-31 Lexington Drive
Bella Vista NSW 2153
or by email to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please provide sufficient detail about the information in question to help us locate it. We will then use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine if there is a problem and take the necessary corrective action within a reasonable time. If a fee is charged for such access we will advise you of the cost in advance.
If you wish to complain about a breach of privacy legislation or have any questions about how we handle Personal Information please contact our Privacy Officer.
7. Statistical Information
We may collect statistical (non-personal) information about your use of the Website and Application to improve the features and overall experience for our Users. The information OWNA may collect includes statistical information such as pages accessed on the Website and Application, search terms, links that are clicked on, Website and Application visit times, browsers and operating systems, IP address, and cookies.
The Website does not currently recognize Do Not Track (DNT) signals sent by our Users’ web browsers. However, we do not collect any of our Users’ personally identifiable information pertaining to their activity over time and across other websites or online services.
In addition, third parties that have content embedded on the Website, such as videos or social media buttons, may set cookies on a User’s browser and/or obtain information about the fact that a web browser visited the OWNA website from a certain IP address.
8. Canceling your Account
If your Penelope QIP™account terminates (for whatever reason), there may be limited access to your Personal Information. There may continue to be residual copies of such Content due to ongoing data back-up and archiving.
9. Retention of Data
Send us an email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.